Sunday, November 1, 2009

Parker's First Birthday






Parker was born on December 27, 2007. His 1st birthday was hard to plan since it's so close to Christmas. I chose to have his birthday the first Saturday in January so hopefully most people would be finished with the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season. I could not decide what theme to choose because he's was turning 1 and he was not really into anything. He had some blue courderoy pants with trains on them and an off white shirt with a train on it. So I built the birthday theme around the outfit. I found some cute train invitations on Ebay. They had Polka Dots on them and by now you all know that I love Polka Dots. So we decided to also use Polka Dots in the decorations and to tie this all together we used solid colored plates and napkins. I gave my mother in law a copy of the invitation and she made a banner. I gave my cake lady the invitation to use for reference when making the cake. The only thing is that I left the light on in the room where the cake was and the Polka Dots started melting and running a little bit. I cut out various size circles in coordinating colors for confetti.


























No comments:

Post a Comment