Friday, October 9, 2009

Owen's First Birthday






Well, Owen was getting ready to turn one and I could not decide what to do for his birthday finally decided to have a John Deere Tractor and Farm Party. I really did not want to spend a lot of money on the invitations so I decided to make my own. I found a picture of a tractor and enlarged it and made copies of it on green card stock. I then talked to my mother in law who is very talented and can draw very well. She found some cardboard boxes and made a miniature farm with crops and animals.We place hay bales in the yard. She also got a refrigerator box and made a tractor for a photo op. We had little green tractors hanging in the garage and all over the walls. Wal-Mart had the cutest John Deere fabric which we use for the cake table and my mother in law sewed a little banner to go on his high chair. I found a lady to make a cake that in the shape of a tractor and then it looked like a field of hay for the second cake. He also had a smash cake with a John Deere miniature tractor on it. My mother in law also painted a banner to hang on the front of the garage. All of our paper products were yellow and green. For favors everyone received a shovel and bucket and some bubblies with a little green tractor tied to it saying "Thank you for celebrating Owen's First Birthday with us! April 22, 2006".































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment