Saturday, October 10, 2009

Polka Dot Parties












It's A Girl Baby Shower

I've hosted and helped with lots of baby showers. My favorite theme for a girl is Polka Dots. I found some imprintable invites at Party City with dark pink, light pink and lime green polka dots. They were precious! They also had a Die Cut Girl banner that you could attach to the card if you wanted to. One shower I chose just to decorate on the table with the die cut rather than attach it to the invitation. I found lots of websites with ideas for polka themes parties/showers. I had two different size circle scrapbook punches so I found some coordinating card stock that was the same colors as the polka dots on the invitation and cut out small and medium sized circles to use as confetti on the table. I also cut out some circles on the dark pink, light pink and lime green card stock by tracing some various round objects and hung them from the light fixture. For one shower we found someone to make the cake coordinating witht the invitation and the other shower we had petit fores made coordinating the invitation and spelling out "It's A Girl!". One shower had a baby carriage fruit basket and the other had fruit kabobs with polka dots on the end of the skewer. I love to make candy molds so I had some circle candy molds and used food color to make mints in the shapes of circles. I always like to make a clothesline on the fireplace using rope and then adding baby items to it and using ribbon for decoration. For favors ,I used Christmas Cookie Cutters and tied the Recipe for Motherhood to it.

Recipe for Motherhood

Ingredients Needed


1 Heart Full of Love

1 Head Full of Understanding

2 Eyes in the Back of YOur Head

3 Heaping Cups of Patience

1 Gallon of Generosity

1 Barrel of Laughter


Mix well. Sprinkle with kindness, add plenty of faith.

Heat with sunshine and spread generously over a lifetime for a

plateful of joy and a cup of warm memories.






1 comment:

  1. This looks great!! I am so proud of you for starting your own blog!
    Shelli

    ReplyDelete